Developing the skills and knowledge for effective organisational development practice.
Organisational Development (OD) is now a significant and influential field of practice that is used increasingly in organisations to deal with issues such as: managing dynamic and complex change, putting people at the heart of their organisation, determining mission, values and strategy, introducing new systems and processes, restructuring and enhancing leadership and employee morale.
Our highly practical in-depth programme will equip you with a core understanding of what OD is, with practical OD tools and techniques; it will improve your skills and provide you with greater awareness of self and group process.
The programme consists of 4 modules:
- OD: from the inside out
- Understanding the organisation
- Tools for transformation
- The future of OD?
Why should you attend this programme?
- Build your confidence and impact as an OD practitioner
- Increase your self awareness by identifying strengths and development needs in relation to a set of OD practitioner capabilities
- Broaden your knowledge of the history and roots of OD practice
- Develop a systemic approach to identifying OD needs
- Learn new tools to gather data and intervene effectively in organisational systems
- Improve your knowledge of group dynamics and their impact on your OD practice
- Increase your knowledge of organisational design
- Learn to apply participative approaches to complex change
Certificate in OD Practice
We offer a Certificate in Organisational Development Practice to participants who, as part of the programme wish to complete a number of pieces of work to consolidate and validate their learning and the development of their OD practice. Participants will need to attend two Learning Set meetings in the evening of modules 1 and 2 as well as two further Learning Set days after the end of the programme and produce work of approx. 2500-4000 words to qualify for the Certificate.
Effective OD within organisations can lead to highly successful change programmes, but this success is driven by people who understand OD and who have all the tools and techniques available to successfully influence and communicate with people in a range of situations. Our in-depth approach develops effective OD Practitioners who can bring this to your organisation.
Having some fundamental theoretical underpinning has given me more confidence as an OD Practitioner.
Rich Hodge, Halfords Ltd
Duration and fees
4 x 3 day modules
We recommend that you attend all modules in order, unless you are experienced in OD. Modules can be booked individually, to do so please email us.
£8,700 + VAT for all four modules booked at once. Each module is available separately at £2,300 + VAT.
Fees are inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
Certificate in OD practice:
£650 + VAT
MSc, BA (Hons)