Our MSc in people and organisational development will transform your practice.
The MSc is a highly original two-year part-time programme:
- it has a great track record, successfully running since 1993.
- you will be working with peers, it is designed by developers for developers.
- there is access to Roffey Park’s faculty – all Roffey Park consultants are practising developers. Our work is grounded in our research. We have an extensive network of fellows and visiting speakers.
- you will be in good company: the MSc has attracted experienced professionals from Virgin Atlantic, Cancer Research UK, KPMG, Innocent Drinks, Shell, Legal & General, plus local authorities, central government departments, NHS Trusts, regional health authorities and voluntary organisations.
- it is truly flexible: Roffey Park’s self-managed learning approach means you will be able to tailor your learning and focus on the areas that interest you or you need to develop the most.
- it will benefit your organisation: you will have to show how you have applied your learning in the organisation you work with
- it will develop how you work with organisations and people: it will challenge your assumptions, provide new tools and techniques; and improve your skills and confidence
- it will ground what you do, and how you do it in theory
- it is a recognised academic qualification: the MSc is awarded by the University of Sussex.
What you do and how you do it.
- gain a strategic perspective on the latest thinking around people and organisational development.
- develop your analytical and critical thinking skills.
- learn how to apply theory to your practice and practice to theory.
- benefit from working in a community with a group of peers and Roffey Park’s own faculty and network of experienced developers.
- improve your ability to work effectively as a developer.
- learn how to self-assess your own, and review the work of others.
- gain a recognised and valued masters qualification.
How will my organisation benefit?
All of the above should be of direct benefit to your organisation.The MSc represents a three way partnership between you, your organisation and Roffey Park. You will have to show how you have applied your learning to your organisation and with what results. The research project and dissertation provide major opportunities here. Overall the organisation will benefit from you becoming a more highly skilled, influential, motivated and effective practitioner.
Who attends the MSc?
The programme attracts people working in the field of people and organisational development from the private, public and voluntary sectors. The majority work for organisations, although a minority are independent consultants. Most participants work in learning and organisational development or HR. However, increasingly the programme is attracting mainstream leaders and project managers who wish to focus on their role in developing their people and the organisation. Whilst all participants are experienced, they provide a real mix of backgrounds and roles, which will broaden your network and perspective.
Roffey Park’s approach is different from other qualifications because it is so much more grounded in real organisational experience. In particular the self-managed learning approach allowed me to focus on the specific business challenges relevant to me.
Kellam Greenwood, Unlocking Talent Ltd
To enable you to find out more about Roffey Park’s distinctive approach, what’s involved in this programme and to talk to staff members we run a series of open days. To reserve a place on one of these events please telephone +44 (0)1293 854047 or email Susan Foran.