Available online or by visiting Roffey Park, the Learning resource centre (LRC), provides course participants with access to a wide range of learning materials.
In the Learning resource centre, you’ll find all the information you need on a range of specialist subjects from organisational development, leadership and management, to human resources and personal development. Participants on our training courses have access to LRC resources during their stay and for a further three months, through the LRC Knowledge Base, by personal visit, email or telephone. For those following qualification programmes, the LRC provides intensive support, from tracking down that elusive reference, to literature searches and obtaining obscure articles and books.
Staffed by a highly qualified team of trained researchers, you will always receive a high level of personal attention ensuring information searches are tailored to meet your individual needs. Membership of the LRC is open to everyone, for their own personal development. So whether you need specific information searches carried out for you by experts, access to books or learning resources via the Internet, or simply a tranquil environment to study – the LRC can help you.
The LRC Knowledge Base provides members with virtual access to LRC resources:
- Search for books, websites and journals, and request book loans (posted to UK only).
- Link through to databases to search for articles; the databases are provided for personal non-commercial research only.
- Browse a list of management links to recommended websites on a variety of management and development topics.
“The Learning resource centre was one of the surprise benefits of Roffey Park. I had expected a library, but the LRC is a lot more. Not only are books, up-to-date periodicals and extensive online resources available, but there is also a hard working team of research librarians. Their exhaustive work helped my learning in OD, enabling me to deliver a key project this year.” OD practitioners programme participant
The LRC InTouch features just some of the recently acquired books and other resources that you can access as a LRC member. With links out to websites and publisher sites, where you may be able to read the first chapter, these reviews can give you a good introduction to the subject area. Read the current issues below covering:
How can I access the LRC?
There are several options if you are a member of the LRC. You can:
- Visit us: 09:00-17:00, Monday to Friday; closed bank holidays and between the Christmas and New Year holidays.
- Give us a call on +44 (0)1293 854052 – we can take your enquiry over the phone
- Search for library resources online.
- Email the LRC.