Harnessing the productivity of groups by enabling effective working.
Effective groups drive change. Group working is an essential part of modern organisational life, and a group’s effectiveness is often greatly influenced by the ability of the facilitator working with them. The facilitator acts as an enabler, allowing the group to share their knowledge, explore issues, generate ideas, solve problems and resolve conflicts. They bring different people together to produce results greater than those that could be achieved individually.
This practical and hands-on programme provides a thorough grounding in how a successful facilitator works with a group and details the techniques and frameworks needed for effective facilitation. You will explore how to let the group concentrate on ‘content’ whilst you focus on what is to be achieved and manage the ‘process’. You will learn how to help groups become a positive, productive force, building consensus and helping to drive change.
Why should you attend this programme?
- Develop greater personal impact and confidence as a facilitator.
- Learn a range of different approaches to facilitation.
- Attain greater skills in focusing groups quickly and effectively on common objectives.
- Enable the groups you work with to be more productive and effective.
- Gain the ability to overcome difficulties within groups to ensure that the agreements and decisions achieved are authentic and enduring.
Facilitation is a core skill for successful leaders and practitioners as it enables them to run more effective, focused meetings. In addition, growing the skills set of HR, OD or L&D professionals allows the organisation to bring some traditionally outsourced facilitation in-house to support innovation and problem-solving.
Unexpected, at times overwhelming, (but) utlimately valuable and satisfying.
Catherine Heaney, Frimley Park NHS Foundation Trust
Duration and fees
£1,800 + VAT
inclusive of all tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation
BA (Hons), PGDip, NVQ4