Leadership in action.
Do you ever feel that it’s difficult to translate what you know about leadership into actions that really make a difference? Do you ever find yourself stuck again and again in habitual patterns and wishing for a wider repertoire of skilful responses, especially when under pressure? Do you ever feel that it’s difficult to translate what you know about leadership into actions that really make a difference?
The leader who can succeed in the future is the leader who can embody leadership principles, rather than just know about them. Embodiment – ‘giving concrete form to an abstract concept’ – is the level of learning where we can do something different, consistently and under pressure. On this immensely practical programme you will develop a clear picture of your strengths, along with the things you do that trip you up. You will be able to hone your strengths and focus on your limitations in a way that enables you to make change at a fundamental level.
Why should you attend this programme?
In this programme, you will:
- learn simple and practical ways to develop a leadership presence , commanding attention, trust and respect even before speaking.
- learn to adapt your responses to situations and react with clarity and focus.
- learn to give powerful feedback to create change and strengthen relationships.
- express vitality, passion, inspiration, motivation in your leadership.
- become better able to take a stand in the face of challenge, change and constant stress.
- become more confident and relaxed as an individual.
- begin to embody the leadership virtues of authenticity, integrity, trust and confidence.
As a result, you will:
- more easily be able to take a stand.
- be a more confident and relaxed person.
- be more satisfied, confident and fulfilled in your life and work.
- be more empowered and motivated in your life and work.
- have a more genuine, inspiring presence.
- be able to maintain high levels of integrity.
- be able to build trust quickly.
- be more aligned with your purpose.
- achieve a high level of personal accountability and be able to hold others accountable.
- be more able to stay calm and effectively navigate pressure situations, conflict, and charged conversations.
Our research consistently finds year after year that the strategic and financial success of an organisation is strongly linked to the quality of its leaders. This programme will develop leaders that have more presence, and are able to deal with a host of complex situations in a calm and centred way.
The Strozzi Institute
One of the forefront technologies for developing today’s business leaders is the field of neuroperformance. It recognises that the elements of focus, attention, knowing how one’s past influences us, and practice over time are some of the key elements for fundamental, sustainable change. Through dynamic experiential practices that demand a strong attention and focus, participants can change fundamental aspects of themselves that interfere with high performance, and cultivate strengths and possibilities – developing Self-Mastery. This is the hallmark of Strozzi Institute. This is Leadership in Action.
Mark Mooney, VP of Public Programs – Strozzi Institute
Mark is a certified Master Somatic Coach. He is a teacher in Strozzi Institute’s Leadership and Action courses in the US, Europe and Asia, and provides individual coaching and business consulting. Mark uses a Somatic approach in all the domains in which he is involved. He is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, has managed several small businesses and owned his own manufacturing business for six years. He has been studying with Dr. Richard Strozzi-Heckler for 16 years and has been a teacher at Strozzi Institute for 11 years. He holds the rank of black belt in Aikido. Mark has been a guest presenter at Yale, George Mason University, Sonoma State University, JFK University, Georgetown University, and the University of San Francisco. He has presented at various conferences including the Organization Development Network Conference, Edges Coaching Community Conference, and a Pfizer Discovery Day Conference. During his time at Strozzi Institute, Mark has worked with numerous businesses providing them with training in leadership, effective coordination, and developing teams. These businesses include Pfizer, BIA Financial Consultant, Boston Edison, Cisco Systems, Hoffman Institute, Homeland Security, Kaiser Permanete, MetaDesign, Raytheon, Texas Utilities and Vistage.
Watch Richard Strozzi-Heckler introduce Strozzi Somatics at a recent event here at Roffey Park Institute, UK.
The nature of my job is fast-paced with hundreds of decisions to be made on a daily basis. I needed to prioritise effectively while minimising distractions and I hoped that the Embodied leadership programme would help me in these areas.
The training at Roffey Park helps me prioritise more effectively while avoiding getting frustrated. By maintaining my central balance and performing some of the simple exercises we practiced, I am more decisive and more credible as a leader.
The embodied leadership programme met and exceeded all of my expectations. I can unequivocally recommend it to anyone who wants to really extend the boundaries of their leadership skill-set.
Ray Berry, Rig Manager – Transocean
Duration and fees
£3,100 + VAT
inclusive of tuition fees, materials, meals and accommodation